17
Nov
13

UK Rats Becoming Immune to poison.

Article linked here.

My first reaction upon starting to read this article was “awwwww look at the rat!  he’s so cute.  I bet he was mid yawn!”  Probably not the desired reaction. 

But that isn’t what I was actually going to talk about.  This immunity to poison isn’t a surprise, well it shouldn’t be.  Be exposed to enough of a poisonous substance and you’ll grow a tolerance (think alcohol) the fact that their even thinking about using stronger poisons is madness to me.  It’s like antibiotics.  You have a finite period of time that X chemical will be effective against  Y pest and beyond that they’ll grow a resistance to it.

If they actually want to undo these “super rats”, or get rid of them they should stop using poisons all together and explore other means of exterminating them.

Advertisements

0 Responses to “UK Rats Becoming Immune to poison.”



  1. Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: